Sunday, April 26, 2015

Large Ringed Donut

Did I mention before that I have back pain and it is affecting my left leg as well? If I did then… I want you (I don’t know who I am talking to *laughs nervously*) to know that I’m going to do Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) procedure tomorrow.

Honestly, I never thought my pain would be this scary. I thought a pack of painkillers would actually kill the pain. But four weeks passed and the pain is excruciating as ever.

The last time I saw my doctor, Dr. K (not Dato’ K #malayjokes), he suspected my spine is somehow dented and it affected the nerve circulation of my left leg. That is how much I understand his explanation because believe me, he almost made me a doctor by saying all those medical terms.

In the end, he suggested to go through MRI and see if his suspicion is true. I agreed to it because this pain is starting to bother me. I am pretty much a chill person, so I don’t really care if I’m ill or in pain because I believe, it will all go away eventually, after numerous amount of sleep. However this time round, I am not so sure.

My conversation with Dr. K went like this,

Dr. K:  So, how are you feeling girl? (Flipped through my medical report)
Me:      Uhhh, been the same for the past four weeks I think.
Dr. K:  Sigh. Poor you… You’re 24 but your leg’s condition is 84.
Me:      Ha. Ha. My grandmother said the same thing!
Dr. K: Okay. Now let’s do some leg exercise.

Which I didn’t do well. Apparently.

Dr. K: How much do you know about spines?
Me: Nothing. (I decided to be honest here)
Dr. K: Ahh… of course. You are an engineer.

He smirked. Sigh. I shouldn’t have told him.
He went on explaining about the spines, the nerves, muscles and so on, for about 5 minutes.

Dr. K:  But that was just what I suspected. I suggest it’s better to do MRI to confirm this. Do you have any question?
Me:      I won’t ask you how much will it cost, you can tell that to my mother but when do I do this thing?
Dr. K:  As soon as possible. I will ask the nurse to check the availability with the scanning department.
Me:      Uuuuuh... It’s not scary right?
Dr. K:  Naaahh, it’s just like going through a large ringed donut.


I just nodded. But the thing is… I’ve never been through a donut. Has anyone ever?

Ps. By any chance anyone read this, please pray for me #patheticme #thankyou

- Miss P -

No comments:

Post a Comment