Friday, April 3, 2015

Down The Drain

Salam and hey Peepnets! I just got back from my family vacation trip to Kuala Lumpur (KL) last Wednesday and super tired from all the adventures. NOT! KL is like a third-home for me, so it was just like balik kampong. (Been contemplating with myself on this one because I still claim Sydney to be my second-home at heart #missingSydney).

I have a story to tell. A story that will make you feel stressed out on life like “why does this happen to meeeeeee?” kind of story. Sit back; relax, read on and this could happen to you too.

Well, you can also not read it.

________________________________________

It’s 11 in the morning on a hot day. Babu called just now to make sure my sister and I are ready for our day. She did not tell us about her plan but as any other vacations, it has to be shopping. My family is not the type to go sightseeing and exploring the landscapes of the country kind of tourists but we usually just head-on to any Malls, Markets and Restaurants to indulge our needs.

“Since it’s almost lunch, why not we eat first and then we go jalan?”

Babu suggested, before “we go shopping for my sister’s wedding”. We all agreed, as we were super hungry as well.

Note: My breakfast this morning, a cup of Maggi, Butterscotch flavored bun, a durian crepe leftover from last night, my brother’s potato wedges and mineral water. Now, why am I hungry?

We ate lunch anyways. We had five types of Biryani, not a fan of this cuisine but WOW! They’re good!

image source: my Samsung Note II

I am half-full and I still can eat them like I had not eaten! (I have a humongous space in my tummy that I don’t know how all food can fit in there but it does. Not to mention, I have a protruding belly afterwards)

After lunch, we spent 9 hours of shopping including walking, wandering around the shops, traveling by monorails, going from stations to stations to get where we want to be. Since this trip consists of 7 people, we don’t fancy taxis because they can only fit 4 people, sheessh!

I didn’t realize it’s 8:37pm already when we waited for our bus ride back to the hotel and I am amazed that we did not have snacks in between! What an achievement for a forever-hungry family! We had drinks of course. If not, we might have died of dehydration especially in this weather! #drama

Arrived at the hotel approximately half-an-hour later and we went to our rooms for toilet break and whatnot. After that, zoomed off to a nearby restaurant for dinner, placed our orders and waited. And waited. And waited.

Sabar, sabar. Be patient. There are lots of customers. They must have been busy in the kitchen. I told myself.

An hour later, our food arrived. All checked except one more Nasi Ayam (Chicken Rice). Okay, so we ordered three Nasi Ayam. Grandpop took his plate already and left with only one.

“Nah, you have it first,” I offered to my sister.
“I can wait,” she said.
“No, I’m alright. I need to reply some texts anyway,” I insisted and started swiping my smartphone.
She shrugged off and took the plate.

You know in Islam, when you do good deeds, you gain pahala. Pahala is like you gain blessings from Allah and if you do more good things, you gain more pahala points and insyaAllah may we all be in Paradise. To put it simply:
  • Good deeds = Pahala = Paradise
  • Bad deeds = Dosa = Hellfire


So I practically wanted pahala the moment I offered my sister the meal. However, another hour past and all of them finished their meals. My Nasi Ayam is nowhere to be seen. Dad called the waiter and told him that my meal has not arrived yet. The waiter went back in and more times past, I thought my meal would be ready soon but he did not come back.

Dad was furious and called the waiter again. He went back in and came back to our table and said, “The Nasi Ayam has finished, would you like to order something else?”

At that point I wanted to punch him in the face, grabbed his shoulder, threw him on the ground and stomped on his belly and yelled, “after all this while, you should’ve said something!” and finished off by pouring a cup of water on his face.

Obviously I didn’t do that to the waiter. It’s not his fault. The cruel thing about a situation is that you didn’t know where things went wrong. It could be the waiter, the chef, the people around them, and the paper where they jot the orders down and so on.

I did not order anything else as I began to pack my things and walked out. I am mad and I don’t feel like talking to anyone. All I want is food, which I did not get. But after that point, then I realized… my pahala went away.

________________________________________

So much for doing good deeds eh? I can’t help but laugh afterwards. All my effort of being nice just went down the drain.

What are your “down the drain” moments?

- Miss P -


No comments:

Post a Comment