Thursday, February 12, 2015

BruONZ Summer Games 2014/15

The down-under Summer Games is back! When I thought it wouldn’t.

So this year’s game was quite the “last-minute” kind of event. Usually every year each state would take turns in organizing this event. Sydney was hosting the last two years summer games and Melbourne hosted last year.

I don’t know what happened but it turned out Sydney was organizing the Futsal and Netball tournament this year, which I think should be done by other states.

Anyways, I participated in the Netball tournament as always. I played for the Sydney team. Though last year I did not join due to my yearly travel. I went Umrah last year! Alhamdulillah. I miss Mekah and Madinah now! It was super-duper awesome guys, like whaaaattt…Okay let’s carry on.

There were four teams competing in the netball tournament; Brisbane, New Zealand, Perth and Sydney. Long story short, Sydney won! Alhamdulillah! It was close though. We won over Wahine (New Zealand) and Perth Swans. We lose to Brisbaners and we tied up on first place. Due to time constraint, the winners were picked by total goal difference between each team. That’s how Sydney won the gold medal. (Couldn’t find photos of Second-Place Winner i.e. Brisbaners).

Sydney Team: SUPERNOVAS (First-Place Winner)




New Zealand Team: WAHINE (Third-Place Winner)
Image source: instagram @kacangpea

Perth Team: PERTH SWANS (Fourth Place)
Image source: instagram @fizahnorha



Third Gold Medal Baby.


Alhamdulillah for the win and to play for Sydney was awesome. The fun bit of this event is also meeting your peers; be it the alumni, your own batch, the juniors, the super juniors, people from other states and so on.




I would love to join again in many years to come insyaAllah.


- Miss P -

No comments:

Post a Comment