Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Love For Sushi

Sushi was believed to have first made in Southeast Asia, with the intention to keep meat fresh without refrigeration. They preserve meat by wrapping the meat and fish in rice and ferment it for several months. When the time has come for them to feast on it, they will discard the rice and let it to… waste? *Cry*

This method then spreads through and reached Japan, where I thought sushi originated. Conversely, Japan has their own ways of fermenting to cut down the time constriction, so they don’t have to wait for months to enjoy the meat.

In the 1800s, chefs started to become more innovative and used raw fish in their sushi and 100 years later, nigiri-sushi was created. (Nigiri-sushi: Raw fish placed on top of shaped rice). Now, there are more than 100 kinds of sushi worldwide! To Yohei Hanaya, thank you for inventing the method and to other chefs, you guys are awesome!

The point is… I HAVE MAJOR LOVE FOR SUSHI! Especially Salmon-based sushi. Be it raw, smoked, cooked to perfection, I will not hesitate even a second to eat it; except those bangas ones. Now let us bear through these pictures.

Warning: Food pictures may cause sudden cravings and leads to frustration if the cravings not fulfilled immediately. I don’t possess a great photography skills (naaawwhh, I was too hungry to take good pictures) and I don’t know the exact name of the dishes hohoho.


Wakame

Ebi Nigiri

Scallop Nigiri



My Favorite - Sake Nigiri *shivers*

My Another Favorite – Mini Salmon Mayo *double shivers*

Mini California Maki


Salmon Asparagus

And one time they ran-out of asparagus

 Salmon Enoki


Tamago Nigiri and MORE Mini Salmon Mayo :’)

I think I am done torturing probably you and myself by posting these pictures. Of course there are other dishes for you to try as well. So where could you enjoy these sushi dishes in Brunei?

Below is the list of restaurants for you to satisfy your cravings!

  • Excapade Sushi

There are lots of branches for this sushi place. Their branches are:
Gadong: 224 3012 / 8740012
Kiulap: 223 4012 / 8859966
Regent Square, Kiulap: 223 4011
Times Square: 234 2912
Serusop: 233 5512 / 873 6880
Bunut (Teppanyaki)
Kuala Belait: 333 3993 / 8722993
You can go to their facebook page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Excapade-Sushi

  • Kaizen Sushi

Address: Waterfront Yayasan Complex, BP1926 Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
Phone: 222 6336
They have few branches such as at Kiarong and Seria but their main branch is at the address stated above.

  • Sushi Tei

Address: No. 42&43 Tingkat Bawah, Block C, Bangunan Gadong Central, Menglait Gadong, Brunei
Phone: 244 9977
So far they have two branches at Gadong Central and Freshco Batu Satu.

  • Gohan Sushi

Address: Unit No.2, 1st Floor, Howsten Building, Spg 181-22, Kg Kiarong
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
Phone: 242 8100

  • Ikura Sushi Restaurant

Address: Unit 36 & 37, Block C, 1st floor, Gadong Central Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
Phone: 242 2020

  • Aiko Sushi

Address: UNIT NO 3 & 4, BLOCK A SIMPANG 150 WISMA PG HJ APONG KG KIULAP BE1518 (Behind The Palm Hotel Building) Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
Phone: 2233626 / 8716808 / 8737808
They also provide catering services.


That’s it I guess. If you have other places that I have not mentioned, please do let me know

- Miss P -

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely delectable! I love sushi and sashimi, and seeing them in those photos actually had me drooling for a second there. Hahaha! I love how the mini salmon mayos look. Too delicious! Thanks for sharing that! Happy eating! :)

    Crystal Carson @ Tacky Jacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mini salmon mayos are definitely the best! Thanks for reading :) I drool over on some of your posts too haha!

      Delete