Saturday, January 2, 2016

On National Television

I got interviewed for today’s news and I were excited, texted my family members, all of them were set in front of the TV, only to find… I got edited out.

I started a business few months ago and for this week, I attend an event where I get to expose my product. So the “TV” people came to me and asked if they could interview me. Well, I wouldn’t waste an opportunity!

However, little that I know that in this industry, you have to answer the questions based on what people want to hear, NOT YOUR HONEST OPINION. The presenter looked quite surprise with my answers because none of the others mentioned what I said.

Example,

Q: What do you think of this event?

Expected answer: It’s great! We get a lot of exposure, a lot of people came and sales are tremendous. The activities held are very exciting too, which helps a lot as people came to our booth as well.

My answer: It’s fine, but I think people didn’t know about this event or are busy with their bonuses. Hence the slow respond from consumers. The other reason could be the promoter didn’t do much promoting or the event held was not exciting as what it was projected to be. 
But all in all, it’s okay. I get to learn new experiences and have fun (?).

Boom. You are not on National TV.

First lesson of the year: If you get interviewed for National TV, review your answer first. Give the answer that they want, not the honest-opinionated-answer.

Told my family the questions and my answers, they were like “no wonder you got edited out”. Wow guys, I didn’t know being honest is an offence. #sorrynotsorry

- Miss P -




No comments:

Post a Comment